Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Warm Welcome!

My friend John lives 5 miles away from my house. We are close since our childhood. We used to spend more time together, until our school days. As we got settled in our careers, we had less time to spend together. However, we meet each other on every weekend (Sunday evenings), and keep ourselves updated on the current happenings. The meetings would normally last for a couple of hours, at the end, we used to feel that we had spent about a week together.

John is casual and friendly in nature. Just like me, John was also staying with a few of his associates. Every time I visit my friend's place, I receive a warm welcome from his associate(s). His associate(s) used to be bright and smiling, but never to talk to me. They rarely are inside the house. Mostly I've seen them outside the house, leaving us alone. The only exception is that during the rainy seasons, they would be found inside the house, but they left us undisturbed. I know that these associates give better comforts for John, even then he keeps them at check and changes them often.

For every 3 to 6 months, he keeps changing his associates. The associates whom I've seen 6 months ago were no longer seen. John says that it is quite normal and it is required for his better comfort. What comfort? I do not agree with him. I do not have many associates as John, and I never discard them as frequently as John does. Whenever I find that we (self & associate) are not going well, I would reduce the frequencies of our association. And that takes care of it.

Why does John fires his associates quite often? John and myself are almost similar in nature. It is only in the way we treat our associates we differ. I value my friend's opinion, so I do not debate on that. Once I started logically analysing, I found out, only one dissimilarity between us. I live in an apartment which is west facing, where as John's apartment is east facing. Having identified this reason, I thought what John does is right.


PS: Did'nt I say that associates refer to the inner garments?

No comments: