Saturday, October 28, 2006

My Dad

My father Mr. P. Durai Babu started his life from a humble beginning. At the age of 16 he started working in a Photo Studio. At work he was comitted and sincere in what ever he did. That gained him good appreciations from his colleagues and his boss.

At the age of 23 years, he married my mother Mrs. C Gajalakshmi, who was working in postal department. Both my dad and mom were comitted to their profession. Both of them worked hard to improve our life standards.


My father was more obsessed about getting a boy. But nature had been cruel. The first 3 child were girl babies. And on top of this, the fourth child, which was a boy baby, died after few weeks of his birth. Both my parents were upset by this. My mother gave up the hope of getting a boy baby. But my father was very stubborn on this.


I was the 5th child (boy) to our parents, when they were in their early thirties. According to one of our regional beliefs, the fifth boy to any parent would be bad for the family but he would excel in his individual life. But my parents did not mind about it.

But the irony was that my father passed away when I was 7 years old, leaving the whole family. Life became more challenging for our family. With a little support from our relatives, my mother worked day and night to take care of us.


Now it is close to 25 years after my fathers death. Five years before, mother has voluntairly retired from her services. We had lots of challenges all throughout. But for the past 10 years we are quiet comfortable and leading a happy life. I could offord a life style for my mother, which nobody else in our family or atleast our neighbours could affort. She is happy and enjoying her post retirement life.


The irony of the whole story is that, my dad, who was instrumental in my being born in this world is no more with us to enjoy the benefits. Oh Dad we miss you a lot... But for you I would'nt been to this great World. and I miss you a lot.. I Love you Appa ...

No comments: