Saturday, October 28, 2006

My First Love

When I close my eyes and say Love, my ears could hear only one name. The name is Rosy. I first met her during my adolescent. She was staying next to our apartments. We used to spend more time together. I loved her so much. And I'm sure it was not infatuation.

Rosy and I use to spend more than two hours everyday, mostly during the evenings. I still have a Teddy which she presented it to me on a Christmas day. Yearly once, we used to spend a day together. I do have a photograph which we took on that day. During vacations, she would be visiting her grand parents, who were staying in their home town. I would be missing her a lot during those vacations.

Rosy was more knowledgeable than me. She used to be punctual about her timings. She was a person of integrity. Totally opposite to my characteristics. Probably those was the reason for me to admire her. She made me to feel my responsibilities. Whatever I'm today is because of Rosy's guidance and inspiration. Once, I even felt that she means more than my parents. Till now, I'm really proud of her relationship.

In fact, initially my mother did not liked our association. She used to advice me to focus on studies than to spend more time on other activities, which myself and Rosy were engaged. Once she understood Rosy's involvement in my well being, she kept quiet. I used to listen whatever Rosy says, because I believed that she would say it for my well being. My mother used to complain about me to her. In front of my mother, Rosy would always defend me. In private, she would advice me in a soft but a firm voice. Rosy was a bridge between my mother's cautious approaches and my young dashing aspirations.

When Rosy told that she would be getting married, I was upset and got worried about my life. Everything looked dark and blank. Eventually she got married and moved out of our town. My studies during that year got affected very badly. My parents knew the reason. Rosy could have waited for some more time, till I fared well. I knew that her family pressure was the reason behind her quick decision. After her marriage, I did not see her for many years.

It was last week, in one of the cinema halls that I saw Rosy with her husband. Before I moved in, she quickly came towards me. She enquired about myself and my family members. Out of joy and happiness, I was in total silence, listening her talking. She said that she is happy about my carrier achievements. She introduced myself to her husband. She told her husband that I helped her a lot when she was a teacher of 7th grade at St. Gabriel's School. I was then the class leader of 7th grade, nominated by Ms. Rosy, my class teacher.

No comments: